Social Media Manager (Part-Time Contract Position/Remote)
About The Average Joe
The Average Joe is a financial media company with a mission to make investing simple and accessible. Our first product is a 3x-weekly newsletter that covers the stock market and financial trends in a light, digestible and concise format.
See our most recent issue here.
We’re looking for a part-time (contract) social media market manager to help expand our brand presence and drive newsletter subscriptions through social media, mainly through Instagram @readthejoe.
Our dream candidate is someone with an interest in the stock market with 1-3 years of experience in social media marketing.
- Create 40-50 social posts/month (Instagram/Facebook focus)
- Communicate complex financial topics through digestible content
- Engage with other accounts on social media (both followers and like-minded accounts)
- Grow brand awareness through social media presence and increased followers
- Repurpose our newsletter content into social posts
- Drive subscribers to our newsletter
Our preferred candidate will have…
- Interest in the stock market
- 1-3 years experience with social media marketing
- Good understanding of social media analytics
- Understanding of financial concepts is a bonus
- Strong writing skills and a good sense of design
- Experience using Figma, Canva, Photoshop or other design platforms
Freelance rate depends on experience.