Financial Newsletter Writer — NA Equities/Crypto Markets (Remote)
Salary range: $55-$75K + equity
Remote (North America preferred), full-time position
About The Average Joe
Our mission is to simplify investing and money for The Average Joe.
Our vision is to build a consumer-first financial media company that reaches millions of people every day with a focus on being:
- Relevant. We’re built for retail investors, not Wall Street — and anything we cover must be relevant to the everyday investor.
- Simple. Finance is confusing and difficult af so we’ve made it a focus to explain concepts in their simplest form.
- Engaging. Existing financial media sucks. Our job is to change that by creating an engaging newsletter that our readers want to open every day. To succeed, we need to be different.
The Average Joe’s 3x-weekly newsletter (soon to be daily) helps over 25K subscribers become better investors with financial trends, news and opportunities — covering the stock and crypto market.
We’re looking for an individual who’s passionate about the stock market and investing to lead our newsletter writing and research team.
You’ll be responsible for researching, writing and putting together our 3x-weekly newsletter — transitioning to a daily newsletter within three months of starting.
This role is perfect for those with:
- Strong writing skills and is able to adapt to “The Average Joe” writing style — conversational and concise.
- Strong understanding of financial concepts.
- A good sense of what is important and relevant for the everyday investor — with an ability to break down complicated financial topics for The Average Joe.
- Generalist that can research, understand and write about different concepts (i.e. IPOs, SPACs, investing strategies, concepts) while covering just about any industry.
- Passion for investing with the grit to follow the market on both up and down days, and in both bull and bear markets.
- Undergraduate degree or higher with a specialization in finance, accounting, economics or statistics. CFA designation or previous experience in a financial analysis or financial services role is a bonus.
- Work alongside our founder, editor and contract writers to write and produce a high-quality, engaging newsletter — which requires researching and covering a wide range of companies, trends and economic news.
- Pitching topics and companies, and managing an archive of ideas, topics and interesting companies that will make for good stories within the newsletter.
- Staying up to date with the market by going through dozens of financial publications and industry-specific publications.
- Provide support in expanding our product offering including a premium (paid) product and other additional newsletter products.
The Average Joe is in high-growth mode and we’re looking for someone that can adapt and grow in a fast-paced environment.
We’re a fully remote team and you’ll be required to be online weekdays between 9-5pm ET
- Salary dependent on experience
- 15 paid vacation days