Analyst/Writer (Part-Time Position – Remote)
About The Average Joe
The Average Joe is an emerging media company that simplifies the stock market for the 99%. We cover emerging trends/stocks and investing news with our 2x weekly newsletter.
The Average Joe is expanding and we’re looking to build our research and editorial team. This individual will research and write on a part-time capacity for our investing newsletter that reaches 15k+ readers. As part of the team, you’ll be joining us on our journey to 100k+ subscribers over the next year.
- Write a minimum of 1-2 articles (350-450 words) per week in The Average Joe voice. See our recent issue for a sample.
- Accepted topics: Investing trends, coverage on trending stocks, analysis on breaking financial news, IPO/SPAC/direct listing coverage
Who we’re looking for?
- Interest in the financial markets with a strong financial background
- Ability to break down complex financial topics in a concise and conversational way.
- Someone that can contribute on a weekly basis (must meet deadlines)
- Strong writing skills
- Bonus — someone that can write creatively with a sense of pop culture.
You’ll be paid $140 USD ($180 CAD) per article.
Full-time positions available for the right individual — send us a message and we can talk.